I’m probably showing my age with that title (Geico commercial circa 2006, anyone?), but every once in a while you’ve got to throw it back a little.
So today’s post is for those non-domestic gods and goddesses (like me) who don’t want to slave away in the kitchen making something to bring to the family holiday party this season.
Because ain’t nobody got time for that!
Aaaaanyways, a few weeks ago we went apple picking and carried home about 10 times the amount of apples any normal human being should consume. We’re basically drowning in apples over here so today we’re baking up some super tasty and super simple apple crisp. You probably already have these basic ingredients in your kitchen so let’s grab them and get started!
Apple Crisp – serves 6
- 4 cups of sliced tart apples (about 3 apples – we used sun crisp apples)
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup of butter, softened
Baking Instructions in 4 easy steps:
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Arrange apple slices in a greased square pan – 8 x 8 x 2
- Mix all other ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and sprinkle over apples
- Bake until the topping is golden brown and apples are tender – about 30 minutes
A little a la mode never hurt anyone, right?
Happy baking! love, adrienne